From CanyonWalker Connections:
On Saturday, August 27, two events are planned in Charlotte, NC: Charlotte Gay Pride and “God Has a Better Way”.
The goals of Charlotte Gay Pride are to:
- Celebrate LGBT families from the Charlotte area
- Provide LGBT individuals with a place to celebrate without harassment
- Advance LGBT rights and visibility in the Charlotte community
- Enpower individuals to be themselves in a relaxed and accepting environment
Also planned for August 27th is “God Has a Better Way” (GHABW) a joint effort of the Charlotte based Coalition of Conscience and The Speak Truth Project. The goals of GHABW are to:
- Gather hundreds of “worshipers, intercessors, musicians, soul-winners, walkers, talkers and believers of every age, color and size to stand together”
- To “walk through or surround the (Charlotte Gay Pride) event to evangelize, sing, pray, hand out water and reach out with love to those in attendance while resisting the (gay) agenda.”
- And, they “expect this to be a challenging day as sexual immorality, wickedness, and rejection will abound, nevertheless, into the battle (they) must go-and (they) have a plan.”
More on the story here.
Thank you Greg. I have compiled a post entirely devoted to responses to the proposed action. If I were thinking of being part of the marching onslaught, I would reconsider my actions. The “right ” to express my “truth” should be trumped by the Jesus dictate to treat others in love. All those pleas are here: http://canyonwalkerconnections.com/2011/08/13/responses-to-god-has-a-better-way-action-planned-for-charlotte-gay-pride-august-27th/