…is completely polarizing and just as completely predictable. As a public service, I wanted to put the whole shebang out on the internets. Now I’ll probably get letters protesting the word “shebang”.
Here’s the cover letter:
On behalf of all of us at Montana Family Foundation, let me congratulate you on your decision to run for public office. As a former state representative, I understand the sacrifices you are making during the campaign, and those that you will make throughout your term if you are fortunate enough to be elected (re-elected).
Montana Family Foundation is a non-profit, research, education, and advocacy organization, working to support, protect and strengthen Montana families.
In an effort to better educate your constituents on your positions related to family issues, we have enclosed our 2012 candidate survey. The results of this survey will be published in whole or in part on our web site (www.montanavoterguide.com), and in our printed voter guide, which will be distributed to roughly 150,000 Montana households.
*Please note: If you choose not to fill out the enclosed survey, we may determine your position on a given question using voting records, public statements you’ve made, your responses on other voter guides, or your party’s platform. If your position differs from that of your party on a given issue, we hope you will use this questionnaire to make that clear.
Please fill out the survey and return it in the enclosed envelope. The survey must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 23 to be included in our 2012 primary election voter guide. remember it must be signed to be valid.
Once again thank you for your time, and your commitment to the people of Montana.
Jeff Laszloffy President/CEO
And the survey (reprinted in its entirety except for some basic identifying candidate stuff):
- Public schools in Montana are: Over Funded Adequately Funded Under Funded
- Students should be allowed to recite the phrase “One Nation Under God” when saying the Pledge of Allegiance. SS S U O SO
- Parental choice should be expanded through tax credits to allow children to attend any school of their choice. SS S U O SO
- Montana should allow public charter schools. SS S U O SO
- Parents should be allowed to home school their children without additional state regulation. SS S U O SO
- Education – Sex education in public schools, should be based on “abstinence until marriage”. SS S U O SO
- Health – “Domestic partners” (i.e., cohabiting homosexual and heterosexual couples) should receive the same health care and employment benefits as married couples. SS S U O SO
- Health – Pharmacists should be forced to dispense birth control that works after fertilization (“Emergency Contraception”) even if it violates their conscience or religious beliefs. SS S U O SO
- Health – Anyone causing the injury or death of an unborn child (other than a doctor performing an abortion) should be subject to the same criminal penalties as they would be if the child were already born. SS S U O S
- Abortion – Abortion should be prohibited in all circumstances SS S U O SO
- Abortion – Abortion should be prohibited, except in cases of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is in danger. SS S U O SO
- In your opinion, are environmental regulations in Montana: Too Stringent About Right Not Stringent Enough
- Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children. SS S U O SO
- Anti-discrimination laws should be expanded to protect sexual orientation in the same way that race, creed, nationality, religion, and color are protected.
- Income Taxes in Montana are: Too High About Right Too Low
- Property Taxes in Montana are: Too High About Right Too Low
- Corporate Taxes in Montana are: Too High About right Too Low18. Your view on the statement: The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows all citizens to own firearms for self protection. SS S U O SO
- Physician-assisted suicide should be legal in Montana. SS S U O SO
- Global warming is a problem requiring increased regulation. SS S U O SO
Surveys are invalid if not signed
Please mail original to:
Montana Family Foundation P.O. Box 485 Laurel, MT. 59044