Are you interested in community service? Do you want to help shape Montana’s HIV policies, treatment strategies and prevention interventions?
I have a challenge for you.
Montana’s Community Planning Group for the Prevention of HIV (CPG) needs active community voices from around the state to provide valuable input and experience regarding HIV/AIDS in Montana. I have been active in this group for the last four years, and I would encourage anyone interested to apply- especially if you are involved with HIV education, prevention, treatment and/or are a person living with HIV. From the DPHHS Website:
The Community Planning Group (CPG) is an advisory group instrumental in the planning and implementation of HIV prevention interventions in Montana. CPG helps ensure that target populations are represented in the planning of state prevention efforts. The CPG consists of 36 members and is coordinated by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services HIV/STD Section.
Membership in the CPG requires a firm commitment. The following is a basic outline of what this commitment entails:
- Attend and actively participate in all CPG meetings to the fullest extent of your ability. This usually includes 4 meetings each year. Meetings typically include a full day on a Friday and a half day on a Saturday. Travel expenses are paid.
- Speak for your Community Representation to the benefit of the community group. Each member is assigned to represent a specific community group and needs to be able and willing to do so.
- Actively participate in a workgroup. Workgroups conduct business and meet during and possibly outside of the full CPG meetings as needed. This work is usually conducted through e-mail or phone conferences, but may occasionally include a meeting that requires travel.
Our challenge has always been getting broad community representation from all communities affected by HIV in Montana. I’m asking you to consider this opportunity- and/or passing it on to someone you think would make a good representative.
Please click on the application link below for more information. We’d love to have you!
CPG Application 2011 Application Deadline is January 16
- World AIDS Day: American Indians Join the Fight ‘Getting to Zero’ New HIV Infections (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- World AIDS Day in Montana (dgsma.wordpress.com)
[…] Wanted: Members For Montana’s HIV Community Planning Group (dgsma.wordpress.com) Share this:DiggEmailPrintShare on TumblrLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in Gay Men's Health, Health, HIV, Science and tagged Food and Drug Administration, HIV, HIV care, HIV Prevention, medication, NAPWA, New Drug Application, Pre-exposure prophylaxis, Setpoint Study, starting HIV Medication, Tenofovir/emtricitabine, treatment as prevention, Truvada, United States, viral loads. […]
[…] Wanted: Members For Montana’s HIV Community Planning Group (dgsma.wordpress.com) […]