I’m really very excited. Here’s why:
My friend Kathy Baldock will be journeying to Montana from Reno this week to join us for MT Pride 2012. She will be here to speak to faith leaders, join her LGBT brothers and sisters for Montana Pride and will present at least twice. The first is at the Bozeman Public Library on Tuesday.
Entitled “The Argument For LGBT-Inclusive Christianity”, Kathy will share her story (which is really remarkable) and her conviction that there is nothing that prevents Christianity from openly embracing and affirming LGBT persons. Here’s the blurb:
Kathy Baldock, a straight, Evangelical Christian and Executive Director of Canyonwalker Connections, will offer the public a chance to consider, discuss and debate the arguments for a Christianity that is welcoming and affirming of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered persons.
For More about Kathy and her experience, please visit http://canyonwalkerconnections.com/about-2/ .
This forum is presented By Montana Pride 2012.
Kathy will also present a workshop at Montana Pride 2012. Talking to Churches and Faith Leaders- How Do We Start? Evangelical Christian and LGBT ally Kathy Baldock will offer some guidance and understanding about creating a conversation with Christian faith leaders. She will share her experiences in changing hearts and minds about LGBT persons in churches and faith communities. She will also address the topic of creating “open and affirming” churches.
She will be hanging out with us all week and will be marching in the parade and participating in the Pride Interfaith Service, Sunday June 17th , 10 am at the Holiday Inn.
Kathy is also available to the faith communities of the area during the week she is here. If you’d like to speak to her, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To my mind, equality will be won when we do two things:
- Win over the churches, and
- Engage the families of LGBT people in our struggle- especially the moms.
With Kathy’s help, we’re going to do our best to win over some churches in the next week- and maybe a few mothers….
- Montana Pride 2012: Details! (dgsmith.org)
- Montana Pride 2012: It’s Not Just A Party (dgsmith.org)
- “Day of Dialogue” From Focus On The Family is Sacred Discrimination (dgsmith.org)
- ‘Family’ leader vows to never stop hating LGBT people (rawstory.com)
- Kathy Baldock:”Trans-mockery in the House of God?” (queeringthechurch.com)
- Queen Latifah Made It Official “Coming Out” At Gay Pride 2012 (operationadvocateimpact.org)