My friend Greg Louganis is the subject of this new documentary which is up for Project Of The Month from Indiewire:
When Greg Louganis hit his head on the diving board at the 1988 Seoul Games, it was an unforgettable moment. But when, despite his injury, he earned the highest single score for his next dive and win the Gold, it was among the most incredible feats in history.
BACK ON BOARD is an engrossing story about an American legend and his comeback. Film reveals Louganis’ evolution from childhood prodigy to Olympic champion, from pioneering openly gay athlete with HIV to an overlooked sports icon. His return to diving as mentor to USA divers at Olympics provides new chapter of life-story.
Greg has been an inspiration for what I do. He has also been personally very supportive of me and HIV prevention and treatment work in Montana- and throughout the world. His story is one of pain and humility, determination, compassion and trust. It deserves to be heard, and this film’s wide distribution will be a beacon for a lot of people- including kids- who could use a dose of inspiration.
You can vote to get this film a consult from the Tribeca Film Institute. It’s the last day to vote, so…
- Greg Louganis documentary up for indie project of the month (outsports.com)
- Greg Louganis Subject of New Documentary (advocate.com)
- Greg Louganis documentary needs money push to have film produced (outsports.com)
- Greg Louganis on being diagnosed with HIV: “Honestly, I didn’t think that I’d see 30” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- WATCH: Olympic Diver Greg Louganis Gets “Back On Board” (queerty.com)