The Fair is Fair campaign, a project of the ACLU of Montana, is dedicated to increasing public support for domestic partnerships by telling the stories of real couples who have been denied equal protection because their relationships are not legally recognized.
We are looking for same-sex couples who are willing to share their stories about how they have been denied basic protections afforded to other families.
If you are in a committed relationship with a same-sex partner and you have experienced difficulties (tax problems, pension issues, problems related to caring for children or making medical decisions for your family, or any other types of difficulties) because your relationship isn’t legally recognized, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
All communications will be handled as confidential by the ACLU.
Right now, loving, committed same-sex couples and their children still don’t have the protections they need to live their own lives in Montana. The ACLU has brought a lawsuit, Donaldson and Guggenheim v. State of Montana, to win equal protection for same-sex couples. Court cases are important, but to win lasting fairness for gay and lesbian couples we need to convince not just the courts but also the general public that Montanans need domestic partnerships.
Please don’t pass up this opportunity to tell your story and to help Fair is Fair change hearts and minds.
- Montana Supreme Court Allows Domestic Partnership Case for Same-Sex Couples To Move Forward (dgsmith.org)
- Personal Finance Guide for LGBT | AptusInsurance.com (aptusinsurance.com)
- Pride Foundation Scholar Helps Draft Montana Civil Unions Bill (dgsmith.org)
- Same-sex Marriage a Boost for Wedding Business (hispanicbusiness.com)
- ACLU: Federal court declares ‘Defense of Marriage Act’ unconstitutional (with video of Edie Windsor) (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Prosecutorial Discretion for Same-Sex Couples Affirmed (lawprofessors.typepad.com)