Please join Montana Women Vote for International Women’s Day at the Capitol, Friday March 8th, 9:30am – 3pm.
International Women Day is an opportunity to learn more about the legislative process, try your hand at citizen lobbying, and find out more about the issues and policies that impact women and families in the 2013 Legislative Session.
International Women’s Day 2013 Agenda:
- 9:30am – Noon, Lobbying 101, and Lobbying 201: Whether this is your first time at the Capitol, or if you have been here before, Friday morning’s lobbying training will give you the tools you need to talk to your legislators about the issues you care about most. Old Livestock Building, next to the Capitol
- Noon-1pm , Women’s Foundation “Status of Women Lunch.” Old Supreme Court Chambers, Room 303
- 1:30 – 2:30pm, Friday Afternoon Issues Breakouts – Health and Reproductive Rights in the 2013 Session, Old Livestock Building, next to the Capitol – Keeping the “Public” in Public Education, Room TBD
Other optional International Women’s Day activities:
- – Getting to Helena early? Join the Montana Women’s Lobby for a Women’s Issue Briefing: 8:30am at the Montana Historical Society
- -Want to stay late? The Montana Women’s History Mural Committee is hosting a Reception for the Montana Women’s Mural at the Governor’s Residence: 4pm, 2 Carson St. Helena.
This event is free and open to everyone. MWV will help arrange carpools if possible.
For questions or to RSVP please contact Olivia Riutta at 317-1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you at International Women’s Day! And don’t forget to wear your purple!
Olivia Riutta Montana Women Vote (406) 317-1504, email@example.com
- One woman voted NO to war (examiner.com)
- Mural to honor Montana women to be painted for State Capitol (billingsgazette.com)
- Deb Fischer, female senators hope for bipartisan efforts (omaha.com)
- Jeanne Theoharis: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rosa Parks (womensphilanthropy.typepad.com)