Say what you will about Max Baucus- and we have- but this gives me a moment of pride:
Fair is fair: he hasn’t always done what I would have liked (and it might take something much more major to get me over the healthcare debacle) but mad props for being the first elected statewide Montana official to stand for marriage equality. Thanks, Max. Click the link above to follow his Twitter feed.
Now for a Pride Present, I’d like to hear the other statewide elected officials following suit.
Hell, better yet, I want to see them in the parade this Saturday.
They’ve all been invited.
Update: Reader Karl Olson reminded us that “Pretty sure Justice Nelson came first, however, and by several years, and more openly. Nelson proved you could get a statewide vote with an unwavering pro-equality stance. Its history, but still relevant in the current fervor.”
- The NAACP Endorses Marriage Equality (bilerico.com)
- Obama Speaks Out For Maryland Marriage Equality (thinkprogress.org)
- Carrie Underwood shows love for marriage equality (examiner.com)
- 50 Cent endorses marriage equality (thegrio.com)
- Denmark Passes a Marriage Equality Law (pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com)