New Ways Ministry Blog offers some items of interest to LGBT-inclusive Christians:
1) Sister Maureen Fiedler, who blogs for the National Catholic Reporter, comments on the passage of the Maryland marriage equality bill by suggesting that “Catholic bishops should read the writing on the wall for same-sex marriage.”
2) In a HuffingtonPost.com essay, Marianne Duddy-Burke, Executive Director of DignityUSA, observes that “Same-Sex Marriage IS Dangerous — to Church Workers .” She is commenting on the recent firing of a Catholic parish’s music director, whichBondings 2.0 reported on here.
3) North Carolina’s two Catholic bishops are among the supporters of a proposed state constitutional amendment to define marriage heterosexually, according to “Both sides gear up in N.C. gay marriage fight,” which appeared on The Washington Post website.
4) Maryland’s Martin O’Malley and New Jersey’s Chris Christie, two Catholic governors who have opposing views about marriage equality for lesbian and gay couples, will square off on TV’s “Face the Nation,” Sunday, February 26, 2012, on CBS. While the topic for their segment is the 2012 presidential race, since both governors have been so visible about marriage equality, it will likely come up as a topic of discussion. For more details, check out The Washington Post’s article “O’Malley, adversary Chris Christie booked on ‘Face the Nation.’ “
–Francis DeBernardo, New Ways Ministry
- Guest Post: All Across The Land, Religious support For Marriage Equality Continues To Grow (dgsma.wordpress.com)
- A Catholic Case For Same-Sex Marriage (dgsma.wordpress.com)
- Maryland Moves One Step Closer to Marriage Equality Law with Senate Approval; DC Catholic Pastor Responds to Gramick and DeBernardo (newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com)
- Catholic Case for Same-Sex Marriage Is Part of Religion’s Next Great Awakening (newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com)