Where is Dennis Rehberg? Jon Tester’s been seen all over Montana- and heard all over tv and radio. Dennis Rehberg has yet- to my limited knowledge- to even appear off the cuff in an ad for himself. I find that suspicious. Where is he?
From The Montana Democrats:
Two maps* of the same state represented by two members of Congress tell a very different tale about their respective commitments to Montana:
Montana Democratic Party Executive Director Ted Dick says Congressman Rehberg simply can’t live up to the standard of transparency and accountability Jon Tester has set in the U.S. Senate.
“The longer Congressman Rehberg stays in Washington, the more he forgets about his responsibility to Montana,” said Dick. “Congressman Rehberg won’t meet with Montanans in public because, after decades in politics, he is incabable of holding himself accountable to the people he’s supposed to serve.”
Tester’s meetings with Montanans focused on making college more affordable, creating small business jobs, and protecting clean air and water — all issues Tester has championed in the U.S. Senate.
Meanwhile, Congressman Rehberg has been at the center of a number of controversies in Congress — his Homeland Security land grab, a vote to raise middle class taxes, and attempts to end funding for Planned Parenthood. He has held public listening sessions on NONE of these issues.
* These maps indicate Tester’s busy 2012 schedule in Montana, not including press interviews or political events, contrasted with Congressman Dennis Rehberg’s not-so-busy schedule.
- Tester Meets with Constituents, Rehberg Continues Invisibility Plan (dgsma.wordpress.com)
- Marriage Equality And Montana (dgsmith.org)
- Rehberg Didn’t Listen As “Promised” (dgsmith.org)
- “Aspirin” Billionaire To Bankroll Rehberg (dgsma.wordpress.com)